The Chesterfield Shop Expert Tip
Online shopping – not so easy when buying new living room seating
We hear so much about the growing trend towards online shopping – I get it, and do it myself, but certain items-just don’t’ make sense.
I think Furniture is one of those things … lets look at living room seating (also known as upholstery) is one of those categories – you just need to ‘touch, feel, sit and see’. The quality, comfort, feel of the fabric or leather just can’t be judged on a screen. We recommend, specifically, when buying a new Sofa, Sectional, Sofa bed (also known as a Sleeper), Recliner, Accent Chair or Theater Seating … be sure to ’have a seat’ and gage ‘the feel’.
What to consider:
- Do you sit comfortably or be able to lounge or nap in it?
- Is the seat the proper size for you (is the seat too deep or not deep enough)?
- Is the seat too soft or firm for you?
- Is the piece/s going to ‘fit’ in your room (décor and size)?
- Is the ‘pitch’ (back) correct or will you be uncomfortable after a few minutes?
- Does the furniture recline to your comfort level?
- Do like the ‘look and feel’ of the fabric or leather?
- Is the fabric or leather the right colour?
- Is the fabric or leather suitable for the intended use?
- Is the item good quality and built for durability?
- Is the Sofa bed/Sleeper comfortable to sit on and sleep on?
These questions are important, but how could you answer any of this – online?
The living room is the heart of the home. Basically, it’s where all the action takes place, be it: lounging, enjoying family time (binge watching a series or playing board games) or entertaining family and friends. Making the right purchase is so important when you’re going to spend a lot of time enjoying your new furniture with family and friends. So, come see us at The Chesterfield Shop, we have Sales Professionals who will help you make the right choice, after all: we are “your Leather Superstore and more …”